Friday, February 1, 2013

Tis the Season

'All is Bright' from My Minds Eye is a stunning range of papers, traditional, vintage and retro all in one and perfect for my niece who is fast turning into a stunning young lady.  Emily my 16 year old niece is into all things unconventional.  I needed Christmas papers which suited her and when I found these papers at Bella Paperie, they were perfect.
 
 
I wanted a really grungy feel to this page, so I started with layering ink, and colorshine through different masks on cream cardstock (side note, I LOVE Gold Lame colorshine by Heidi Swapp) to break this up I then grabbed my music note stamp and roughly stamped over the ink.
To further enhance the grungy feel, I grabbed my box of washi from D-Lish Scraps and rummaged through until I found the perfect ones and then backed the plain cardstock with the red spotted paper from the range.
 

This range also lends itself to alot of fussy cutting and I cut out most of the elements, so I could spread them around the page.  Mixing in various doilies and sequins as well.
 

Here is the finished page, this is one of my favourites from Christmas 2012 so far I adore it.

 
TFL Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment